Bikes for All Mainers is a free educational program offering adults an opportunity to earn a bicycle and build skills in basic bike maintenance and traffic awareness. This program is specifically designed to provide a bicycle as a means of affordable transportation and recreation for anyone experiencing economic instability or uncertainty.
How does it work?
- Sign-up (Under 18 must be completed by a parent/guardian) for you and the number of people in your family / household who want to attend.
- Check your email to complete a necessary follow-up form.
- Once the form is complete, you will be sent a confirmation for the class date and time you selected.
- Arrive at your class on-time. Masks dependent on CDC guidelines at the time of the class.
- All classes are outside.
- We are working with current Gear Hub staff and former Bikes for All Mainers graduates to provide translations into multiple languages for each class.